The Full List of PFAS Testing
From Your Full-Service Lab.
From Your Full-Service Lab.
Who says you can’t have it all?
Torrent Laboratory tests for the full list of PFAS compounds in everything from drinking water to waste water to hazardous waste (aqueous and solid, including soil).
We’re also certified for PFAS compound testing by both the Department of Defense and the state of California. These are among the industry’s most respected certifications, testament to our ability to meet the highest levels of scrutiny.
PFAS: Concerning chemicals.
PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) are a family of man-made substances made from thousands of unregulated chemicals. Commonly found in items we use and are surrounded by everyday, these substances have been produced since the 1940s.
PFOA and PFOS
PFOA and PFOS are two particularly troubling PFAS that are receiving increased attention from regulatory agencies. Recent changes have been made to the MSLs of these forever chemicals.
On May 27, 2020, the California Water Boards, San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board, released Interim Final Environmental Screening Levels (ESLs) for two PFAS: perfluorooctanesulfonate (PFOS) and perfluorooctanoate (PFOA). The Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) Priority ESL for groundwater and direct exposure to human health risk levels is 6.5 ng/L for PFOS and 5.1 ng/L for PFOA.
Where to find PFAS:
- Food: packaged in PFAS-containing materials, processed with equipment that use PFAS, or grown in PFAS-contaminated soil or water.
- Commercial household products: stain and water repellent fabrics, nonstick products (e.g. Teflon), polishes, waxes, paints, cleaning products, and fire fighting foams.
- Workplace: production facilities or industries that use PFAS (e.g. chrome plating, electronics manufacturing, or oil recovery).
- Drinking water: typically localized and associated with a specific facility (e.g. manufacturer, landfill, wastewater treatment plant, firefighter training facility).
Because PFAS are difficult to break down, they are often called “forever chemicals.” Exposure to some PFAS has been shown to cause cancer, physical development delays, endocrine disruption, immune impairment, fetal growth reduction, and neonatal mortality in animal studies.
Unmatched certifications, TAT & quality.
Torrent Laboratory provides the most advanced capabilities in the region. Our full-service lab offers many advantages including:
- Fastest possible TAT in the industry
- Unrivaled technical and customer support
- Unparalleled on-time performance
- Impeccable quality
- Competitive pricing
- Convenient geographic location
Trust Torrent as your premier environmental testing laboratory for Northern California, Southern California, and the Bay Area.
Our capabilities. Your peace of mind.
With dual-certified PFAA testing for the full list of PFAA compounds, Torrent Laboratory offers accurate assessment of PFAS in your environment. Our full-service lab also offers the fastest turnaround time in the industry. So you get the information you need—faster.